Getaway Girls is recognised as a key organisation in Leeds and has established strong partnerships over the past 28 years. The organisation is represented at a strategic level and has solid operational level partnerships with statutory and third sector organisations and is involved in the range of networks and forums throughout the City.
We work with organisations from all sectors and share information, skills and intelligence in order to meet the needs of young women. We have clear confidentiality, safeguarding and Child Protection policies. We regularly participate with Child Protection Conferences, Common Assessment Framework and Targeted Services meetings. We work closely with housing providers, Police, Social Work Services, CAMHs and schools.
Some examples of our operational partnerships include:
- Leeds City Museum and Galleries and Lifeforce Productions on our Women in Music project
- Leeds City Museum and Galleries on our Changing Labels Fashion project
- Shantona Women’s Centre on our Strong Girls Together, support for South Asian young women around Child Sexual Exploitation
- Family Nurse Partnership, Home Start and Children’s Centres for young mum’s support work
- Leeds City Council Youth Service on our Safe Space/ Safer Spaces service, provides outreach in CSE hot spots in Harehills
- Schools on our preventative group work on Protective Behaviours
Strategic groups we have an input to include Leeds Youth Offer Development Group, Leeds Young Peoples Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Board, Leeds teenage Pregnancy and Parenthood Board, Leeds Migration partnership and CSE Providers
Our networks include Young Lives Leeds Third sector network, Volition, CSE Practitioners Forum, Teenage Pregnancy and Parenthood Forum, Eastern European Sub group, Community Committees throughout Leeds.
We also work in partnership with young women, parents and communities.