Our Patron Angela Griffin
67 Bayswater Grove
Getaway Girls is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee with over 25years experience of working with young women and girls in Leeds .
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES FOR DIRECT WORK 2012 -13
Aim: To enable vulnerable young women aged 11-25 from Leeds to build confidence, develop new skills and take positive risks in an environment which offers co-operation and support.
1. To plan, facilitate and evaluate a long term group work programme for vulnerable young women – including Young mums group for under 19′s, Fusion support for young women new to the country, 13-16 support groups, 16+ emotional health group.
2. To plan, facilitate and evaluate short term issue based groups in schools and community settings - On the Right Track, Keep Sussed and Safe, Girls Talk, Parenting.
3. To offer practical and emotional support for vulnerable young - individual support around many issues including housing, employment, college, pregnacy testing, C Card.
4. To offer new opportunites for learning and confidence building – including residentials, exchange visits, cultural events, intergenerational work.
5. To run physical activity / adventure education opportunities – including sports sessions, Zumba, canoeing, raftbuilding, Self defence, Gym.
6. To run excellent quality creche provision which offers safe, creative, fun activities for under 5′s.
7. To offer further opportunities for training, peer education, voice and influence -including Introduction to Youth Work course, VIP Group.
8. To build on current and new fruitful partnerships.
9. To monitor and evaluate all work – including use of OUTREACH MIS
VULNERABLE YOUNG WOMEN WE SUPPORT INCLUDE;
- Young mums and young women at risk in early pregnancy
- Young women in care and care leavers
- Young women who are excluded or struggled with school and college
- Young women getting their lives back on track
- Young women living in poverty
- Young women who have suffered/witnessed domestic violence
- Young women with low self-esteem / lacking in confidence
- Young women who are NEET
AREAS OF WORK
Our work focuses on the following 3 areas:
Health & Wellbeing/Cultural Identity and Diversity/ Voice and Influence